Add Google Analytics to WordPress
Find out how to add Google Analytics to WordPress. Google Analytics is a rich website analytics tool by Google. The tool provides you with detailed information about the traffic on your website. Plus, Google Analytics is free.
In the article I show you this:
How Do I Get the Analytics Tracking Code?
Get the Google Analytics tracking code this way:
- Open your web browser.
- Go to the Google Analytics website.
- Click Create account.
The Google Sign up page is opened.
- Enter your Email address in the field Email of phone.
- Click NEXT.
- Enter your password the field Enter your password.
- Click NEXT.
The Google Security verification page is opened.
- Click Done.
The Google Analytics start page is opened.
- Click Sign up.
The Google Analytics registration page is opened.
- Enter the name for your account in the field Account Name.
- Enter the URL of your website in the field Website URL.
- Select your time zone in the field Reporting Time Zone.
Select the options in the section Data Sharing Settings.
- Click Get Tracking ID.
The Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement is opened.
Click I Accept.
The Google Analytics Dashboard is opened.
Your Google Analytics tracking code is generated.
How Do I Upload the Analytics Tracking Code to My Site?
Once you have created your Google Analytics tracking code, upload the code to your web server. Upload the Analytics tracking code to your web server this way:
- Open your FTP-client.
- Connect to your account.
- Open the root-directory of your website.
- Open the directory wp-content.
- Open the directory themes.
- Open theme directory of your current theme.
- Open the file header.php.
- Paste the Google Analytics tracking code between the tags <head>.
- Save the header.php.
- Close your FTP-client.
Your Google Analytics code is uploaded to your website.